Organized by the Asian Girl Campaign, the 2014 Inaugural Regional Conference on Human Rights & Dignity of Asian Girls will be held in Chandigarh, India for 2 days (28 & 30 September, 2014) during the 9th International Youth Peace Fest (IYPF 2014). In line with the conference, related workshops will also be held on October 1, 2014.
To register, scroll down to submit your details below, or submit your details here.
Last chance to receive discounted price to attend the entire IYPF 2014 (offer valid until April 30th)!
29th & 30th September 2014 Regional Conference on Human Rights & Dignity of Asian Girls; 1st October 2014 Workshops
1) Creating Girl Human Rights Cities 2) Challenges and Breakthrough in Policies and Legislation for Girls’ Human Rights 3) Challenges and Breakthrough in Management and Implementation of Girl Empowerment Projects
4) Mobilizing Community Through Media and Volunteerism
Sector 14, Chandigarh, Chandigarh UT, 160014 India
1. From Chandigarh Airport: Suggested Route via taxi: Dakshin Marg; Estimated time: 26mins; For Google Map Directions, click here.
2. From Chandigarh Railway Station: Suggested route via taxi: Madhya Marg; Estimated time: 21mins; For Google Map Directions, click here.
Accommodation will not be provided but here are some suggested places.
1. Hotel Shivalik View 4 star hotel; About 3000INR for a single room; Distance from Bus stand: 0.5km; Railway: 9km; Airport: 13km; Panjab University: 8mins taxi ride; Website: http://www.citcochandigarh.gov.in/shivalikview/
2. Hotel Parkview 2 star hotel; About 2000INR for a single semi deluxe room; Distance from Bus stand: 2km; Railway: 10km; Airport: 14km; Panjab University: 5mins taxi ride; Website: http://www.citcochandigarh.gov.in/parkview/
3. Lemon Tree Hotel, Chandigarh 3 star hotel; About 4000INR for a twin room; Distance from Railway: 9.9km; Airport: 4.9km; Panjab University: 17mins taxi ride; Website: http://www.lemontreehotels.com/lemon-tree-hotel/chandigarh/hotel- chandigarh.aspx?gclid=CPfdprGtkbwCFYJU4godxxMA T A
Some facts on Chandigarh:
Chandigarh is located near the foothills of the sivalik range of the Himalayas in northwest India. It covers an area of approximately 114 km2, and shares its borders with the states of Haryana and Punjab. In September, Chandigarh will be having their Monsoon season, receiving moderate to heavy rainfall, and sometimes heavy to very heavy rainfall. So be sure to be prepared!
Chandigarh, being India’s first planned city, is a rich, prosperous, spic and span green city rightly called “ THE CITY BEAUTIFUL ”